Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane says he will now “count on” forward Gareth Bale despite previously saying the Wales international could leave.
Bale was expected to join Chinese Super League club Jiangsu Suning in July.
Zidane said at the time his departure would be a “good thing for everyone” before the Real blocked the move.
New signing Eden Hazard sustained a thigh injury in training on Friday and Bale may now be considered for their La Liga opener at Celta Vigo on Saturday.
“It looked like he was leaving but now he is here and now I’m going to count on him, just like all the other players that are in the squad,” said Zidane.
“He has a contract, he’s an important player and I hope all the players want to make it difficult for me to pick the team.”